Volunteers are a very important part of the work that happens at our Centres. The gift of time is a precious one, and we appreciate every person that gives this gift to BC Family Hearing Resource Society. Whether it’s just a one-time effort or an ongoing relationship lasting for many years, our volunteers make a big difference!
Why volunteer at BCFHRC?
- Meet a new community of people and build relationships.
- Make a positive impact in the lives of our families and their children.
- Learn new skills and build up your personal experiences.
- Have fun!
Who volunteers at BCFHRC?
- People who are deaf or hard-of-hearing themselves, or have a family member with hearing loss/deafness.
- Past clients and their family members.
- Students looking to fulfill volunteer hours.
- University students studying in a related field.
- Community-minded individuals.
- Tradespeople that can donate their skills & expertise in our facilities.
- And you!
Current Volunteer Opportunities
- Surrey, ongoing: Program & administrative volunteers
- Fraser Valley, May 27, AM: Walkathon
- Surrey, Aug. 7-8, all day: Foundations Workshop for Parents (childcare)
- Surrey, Aug. 9-11, all day: Mingle & Play Event
Contact us to find out how to become a volunteer today!