We are very excited to announce the opening of our bilingual (American Sign Language/English) licensed daycare: Bright Futures Specialized Childcare. This daycare facility will run out of our Surrey Centre and is slated to open on Monday, September 13th, 2021.
This daycare will provide both American Sign Language (ASL) and English instruction (spoken and written) using a bilingual, bicultural approach. This unique environment will equip children with the knowledge and ability to learn to communicate in two languages, as well as strengthen language, social and emotional development in a group setting. Children attending our daycare will not need any prior ASL exposure or experience to join this program.
For families considering enrolling their children in our childcare program, below are some initial details:
- The facility is licensed for twenty (20) children aged thirty (30) months through Kindergarten entry. We will not be providing care to children under the age of 30 months or children in Elementary School.
- We will operate Mondays through Fridays, 7:30am – 5:30pm.
- There will be full time spaces (5 days per week) and part time spaces (2 or 3 days per week).
- Fees for full time spaces will be $1,200/month.
- Fees for part time spaces will be $900/month for 3 days and $500/month for 2 days.
- Childcare subsidies will be accepted.
The timeline of registration will be as follows:
- July 12th: priority registration opens for all of our current families (this includes siblings of d/hh children).
- July 19th: priority registration continues for all of our current families as well as current families of Surrey Early Speech & Language Program (SESLP) and Children of Deaf Adults (CODA) families.
- July 26th: registration open to everyone, including children from the community, on a first come, first served basis.
REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN FOR FAMLIES CURRENTLY RECEIVING SERVICES FROM BC FAMILY HEARING RESOURCE SOCIETY
If you have specific questions please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.