Register, donate and/or find answers to all your Walkathon related questions here!
Frequently Asked Questions
WHEN IS THE EVENT? Sunday May 31st!
WHERE IS THE EVENT BEING HELD? At your home! Join us on the morning of May 31st and go for a walk! Walk inside or walk outside, for as little or as long as you like. Just be sure to maintain recommended social distancing guidelines.
HOW DO WE REGISTER? Click on the link on this page above the flyer.
HOW DO WE SETUP OUR OWN FUNDRAISING PAGE? Same spot as registration! Once you get to the registration page, just click on the “Create your own fundraising page” beside the Walk logo.
WHAT ELSE IS HAPPENING OTHER THAN JUST WALKING?
- At 10:00 am on May 31st there will be an online group warmup to get everyone limbered up and excited to walk!
- At 11:15am join us online again for a virtual concert with The Kwerks! The Kwerks are a married duo who appeal to young and old with their fun, rhythmic, folksy style. Whether performing for folk festival goers or writing songs with school kids in a classroom, The Kwerks bring warmth and a sense of fun every time. Easy to love, easy to dance to, easy to laugh with!
- ASL interpreters will be provided for both online events.
- We will also be sharing some other fun ways to make our walk more interactive.
DO I NEED TO DOWNLOAD ANY SPECIAL PROGRAM TO PARTICIPATE IN THE ONLINE EVENTS? No! You can join on any device with any browser. We will email all the registrants with links for the online events closer to the Walkathon date.
WHAT DIFFERENT WAYS CAN WE PARTICIPATE?
- You can simply register to walk and join us on the 31st or walk whenever is convenient for you.
- You can also create your own fundraising page and invite your family & friends to donate.
- You can make a donation if you don’t wish to participate in the walk or fundraising.
- Share the walk information with your friends & family and invite them to join!
WE COLLECTED CASH DONATIONS. HOW DO WE GET THOSE TO YOU? We will have a staff member available at our Surrey Centre on Monday, June 1st to collect cash donations. If you are not able to drop them off to that location or on that date, please contact us to make alternate arrangements.
WE CAN’T WALK ON MAY 31ST – CAN WE STILL PARTICIPATE? Absolutely, the beauty of a virtual walk is that you can walk anytime that works for you. Or you can simply make a donation if you are not interested in doing the walk.