Join us for the 20th annual BC Family Hearing Resource Society Walk for Bright Futures to support children who are deaf and hard-of-hearing and children with speech and language difficulties.
Our 2021 Walk for Bright Futures happened on Sunday, September 26th!
TO MAKE A DONATION UNTIL OCTOBER 17TH CLICK HERE.
WHEN IS THE EVENT? Sunday, September 26th, 2021 from 9:15 – 11:30am
WHERE IS THE EVENT BEING HELD? There are two options to join us this year: (1) In Person at Tynehead Regional Park in Surrey and (2) Virtually from your home or wherever you are!
HOW DO WE REGISTER? Click on the link on this page above the flyer.
HOW DO WE SETUP OUR OWN FUNDRAISING PAGE? Same spot as registration! Once you get to the registration page, just click on the “Create your own fundraising page” beside the Walk logo.
WHAT ELSE IS HAPPENING OTHER THAN JUST WALKING?
- At 9:45 am there will be a welcome & group warmup to get everyone limbered up and excited to walk!
- At 11:00am join us again for story & drama time, presented in both English and ASL.
- ASL interpreters will be present at the event.
- We will also be sharing some other fun ways to make our walk more interactive.
DO I NEED TO DOWNLOAD ANY SPECIAL PROGRAM TO PARTICIPATE ONLINE? No! You can join on any device with any browser. We will email all the registrants with links to join us online closer to the Walkathon date.
WHAT DIFFERENT WAYS CAN WE PARTICIPATE?
- You can register to walk and join us in person on the 26th.
- You can register to walk and join us online on the 26th.
- You can also create your own fundraising page and invite your family & friends to donate or join you in walking. (**See helpful hints below.)
- You can make a donation if you don’t wish to participate in the walk or fundraising.
- Share the walk information with your friends & family and invite them to join!
WE COLLECTED CASH DONATIONS. HOW DO WE GET THOSE TO YOU? If you are coming to the in-person walk, simply bring them with you. Otherwise, they can be dropped off at our Surrey Centre, Monday through Friday, 8:30am – 4:30pm. If you are not able to drop them off to that location please contact us to make alternate arrangements.
WE CAN’T WALK ON SEPTEMBER 26TH – CAN WE STILL PARTICIPATE? Absolutely – you can walk anytime that works for you. Or you can simply make a donation if you are not interested in doing the walk.
**We know it can be sometimes be challenging finding a comfortable way to ask your friends or family to donate to a cause. Click HERE to get some help with that conversation.