There are some exciting things happening this Fall at our Main Surrey Centre:
- Education Fair for parents to learn about preschool and school opportunities for their deaf and hard-of-hearing children.
- Pumpkin Patch Field Trip!
- PEER Kindergarten Transition parent evening sessions begin for our parents of little ones heading to Kindergarten in 2019.
- A new round of Foundations for Families and Foundations for Professionals workshops in Vancouver, Kamloops, Victoria & Campbell River.
- In conjunction with Deaf WellBeing, a workshop for parents about building self-esteem and helping your deaf and hard-of-hearing children navigate social relationships.
- Our Annual General Meeting.
- Our always fun Winter Party!
In our Victoria Centre, we are planning outings to:
- Banfield Park
- Gyro Beach
- Galey Farms Pumpkin Patch
- The Royal BC Museum
- The Greater Victoria Public Library
- And a Winter Party!
Did you know that we have an extensive resource library housed in our Main Surrey Centre? The library holds hundreds of books, videos and research journals related to the topics of hearing loss/deafness and child development that are available for loan to parents and professionals throughout British Columbia. Because it is so important to develop early literacy skills in children with a hearing loss/deafness, we also have hundreds of books for young children available on loan to families. Contact us to find out more about our catalogue and how to borrow materials.