Do you live outside of the Lower Mainland in British Columbia? Are you wondering when someone from BCFHRC might be in your area? We are now posting all of our Outreach Consultants travel schedules on our calendar so you can see where they will be. Check it out HERE (as well as for other events around the province!)
Please join us for our upcoming parent workshop: Encouraging Social Relationships & Positive Self Esteem for your Child who is Deaf/Hard-of-Hearing. This workshop will be held at our Main Surrey Centre, as well as online via GoToMeeting for our Outreach families. All other information about the event can be found HERE. Alison Nutt, Mental Health Clinician, from the Deaf Well-Being Program will be presenting. To get to know Alison before the workshop, here are two articles she has written for B.C. Hands & Voices:
- Kindergarten Transition – Considering All Aspects of Access for your Child.
- Spotlight on the Well-Being Program.
There are some exciting things happening this Fall at our Main Surrey Centre:
- Education Fair for parents to learn about preschool and school opportunities for their deaf and hard-of-hearing children.
- Pumpkin Patch Field Trip!
- PEER Kindergarten Transition parent evening sessions begin for our parents of little ones heading to Kindergarten in 2019.
- A new round of Foundations for Families and Foundations for Professionals workshops in Vancouver, Kamloops, Victoria & Campbell River.
- In conjunction with Deaf WellBeing, a workshop for parents about building self-esteem and helping your deaf and hard-of-hearing children navigate social relationships.
- Our Annual General Meeting.
- Our always fun Winter Party!
In our Victoria Centre, we are planning outings to:
- Banfield Park
- Gyro Beach
- Galey Farms Pumpkin Patch
- The Royal BC Museum
- The Greater Victoria Public Library
- And a Winter Party!