Our families are the MOST important part of what happens at our Centres. And it is our goal to ensure that EVERY family receives individualized, professional and meaningful intervention and support during their time with BC Family Hearing Resource Society.
While the programs and events offered at each of our three Centres may vary based on the needs of the surrounding communities, there are standard services which are available to all families through our Surrey, Vancouver and Victoria offices.
For Hearing Loss/Deafness
My Child Has Been Identified
With Hearing Loss/Deafness
- Home-based and Centre-based intervention sessions
- Individual sign language services
- Access to and support from Family Support Parents
- Deaf and Hard-of-Hearing mentorship
- Consultation to preschools and daycares
- Consultation and collaboration with Community Service Providers and other professionals
- Access to our supported educational platform: The Learning Place
- Support and education to parents, caregivers and family members
- Support, assistance and education, regarding the use of listening devices (hearing aids, cochlear implants, bone-anchored hearing aids)
- Access to current research, information and educational materials