What Defines BC Family Hearing Resource Society as an Internationally Recognized Centre of Excellence?
- We have been offering support and resources throughout British Columbia to deaf and hard of hearing children, their families, and community service providers for over twenty-five years
- We promote evidence-based decision making at both the individual and program level and we work to ensure families have full and complete information about their options
- We are pioneers in the use of technology
- We are a premier training and research centre for professionals in the field
- We have been working closely with the University of British Columbia for many years and have recently expanded the mandate of the BC Family Hearing Resource Society to include research in the area of early intervention with deaf and hard of hearing children and their families